Workplace Safety and Health Control Measures ( Develop a Risk Management Implementation Plan) (bizSAFE Level 2) (bizSAFE Level 2 – RM Course)
This Course provides learners with knowledge and skills to be a Risk Management Champion for the organisation in reducing risks at source by managing the risk management process at workplace. It involves developing a practical risk management implementation plan for the organisation which identify specific actions to be taken, by whom and time for their completion. It also entails formation of risk management team, risk assessment, controlling and monitoring the risks, communicating these risks to all persons involved and in compliance with the RMCP.
This Course provides learners the opportunity to practise, and apply the knowledge and skills learnt to produce a practical risk management plan for the organisation, conduct hazard identification, apply risk assessment methodology to evaluate risks and implement the hierarchy of controls to mitigate risks as well as hazard communication through classroom discussions and practices.
1. Verify the expectations of a risk management champion with relevant person in
accordance with organisational Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policy
2. Form a risk management team based on organisational WSH policy and in compliance
with WSH (Risk Management) Regulations requirements
3. Establish hazard identification methodology for the workplace to identify WSH hazards
associated with any work activity or trade
4. Establish risk assessment methodology for the workplace to determine the risk levels of
the identified hazards associated with any work activity or trade
5. Establish risk control measures methodology for the workplace to manage the identified
risks to a level as low as reasonably practicable by following the principles of the hierarchy of
6. Develop a workplace risk management plan to implement the hazard identification, risk
assessment, and risk control measures in accordance with organizational WSH policy
7. Present the risk management plan to relevant stakeholders for consideration in
accordance with organizational procedures
8. Communicate the identified hazard, risk evaluated, and implemented risk control
measures to the person concerned in accordance with a risk management plan
The occupations that this unit would be relevant to include but not limited to:
Health & Safety personnel
Risk Management Champions
Learners are assumed to:
1. have an in depth knowledge of their organisational products /services.
2. be self-directed and proactive towards problem-solving of safety issues.
3. have an in depth knowledge on sources of workplace hazards.
4. have good presentation skills
5. be proficient in using project scheduling software (e.g., Microsoft Project or equivalent)
6. be able to apply effective communication and leadership skills in leading and managing project
members at a proficiency level equivalent to the (Employability Skills) Communication and
Relationship Management at supervisory level.
7. be able to apply effective problem-solving and decision-making skills at a proficiency levele
equivalent to the (Employability Skills) Problem-solving and Decision Making Skills at
8. be able to listen, read, speak and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to the
Employability Skills (ES) Level 5
9. be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES)
116 Lavender Street,
#02-01, Pek Chuan Building,
*Upon successful completion of the course, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded by SkillsFuture Singapore(SSG)
SDF Funding is available (subject to WSg Terms & Conditions).
|Course Duration :
|16 hours (Including 1 Hour Assessment)
|Written Test & Case study / Role Play /Theory
|100 % (Required)
|Passing Mark :
|100% for each assessment mode
|Min Students :
|Max Students :
Contact Us :
Address : 116 Lavender Street, #04-17 Pek Chuan Building, Singapore 338730.
PH : +65 6341 7344
Fax : +65 6341 5095
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org